Let's see how to organize and improve the tags in your Ghost blog in order to keep the order with a good structure and improve the SEO performance
Wait... what is a tag? 🤔
A tag is a keyword that describes a post. And ideally it could describes a group of posts.
Differences between tags and categories 🤓
Both help you to organize your blog content but categories are a wider concept, often related to a general theme with a descriptive title and usually a few more words.
A tag are more specific and addresses directly to a specific topic of a post 🎯
💡Keep in mind Ghost has not categories but tags
✅ How to organize and improve your tags
- 🔥Use short names for tags, like one or two words
- 👍 Use tags with common sense: probably 10 tags or less per post are fine
- 🧲 At least have a few posts per tag. Find the less used tags in your Ghostboard > Tags report, so you can write more about them
- 🏆 Plan some tags to align to your blog keywords for SEO
- ⚡️Analyze your current content: think to add some tags of topics shared in a few posts, in order to help your readers to find similar posts. For example, take a look of your popular posts to identify a common topic to create a tag about it.
- 👏 Analyze your current tags: see if you have unused tags in your Ghostboard > Tags report. If you don't need them, just remove them in your Ghost admin. You can find them easily in your Ghostboard > Tags report
💡 Keep in mind the goal is to help readers & search engines to find similar posts in your blog
Write your Ghost blog success 🚀
Give a try to Ghostboard without any risk: start now your 14 days free trial without credit card, check it out by yourself 🙂
Happy to help you and answer any question, tweet us or contact in your dashboard! 👋